iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

My girlfriend is a Chinese law student and she is taking her

Hello, My girlfriend is a Chinese law student and she is taking her master degree in UK - London. Her visa is expiring in September and she would like to remain in London to work and live but she can’t find a law firm that can provide her a working visa. She has working experience in China. I spoke with a lawyer few months ago about my girlfriend situation and i told him if my father company can provide the working visa for her and he said it can be possible if she will apply to be a legal advisor. And i would like to know how can my girlfriend find a law firm that can provide a working visa for her and also how can she apply to be a legal advisor to work for my father company so we can give her the working visa. My father company is a construction company.

i am reviewing your question.

will be back today anytime.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you Irma

hi

i can help you with your question.

she need a company who has COS (certificate of sponsorship) to sponsor overseas employees. if your father's company wants to hire her then company must have COS to hire her and must advertise job for 6 months and must pass labour market test.

i hope it will help you.

please you give positive rating if you like my answer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What means labour market test? And how can my father company apply for COS?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We have 4-5 months till her visa will expire.

they need to apply 'authorisation to issue COS' in the Home Office to employ non EU employees for their business. it could take 8-10 weeks standard processing time for authorisation. Then time to advertise for 'labour market test'.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for the help.