How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

My girlfriend is a Chinese law student and she is taking her

This answer was rated:

Hello, My girlfriend is a Chinese law student and she is taking her master degree in UK - London. Her visa is expiring in September and she would like to remain in London to work and live but she can’t find a law firm that can provide her a working visa. She has working experience in China. I spoke with a lawyer few months ago about my girlfriend situation and i told him if my father company can provide the working visa for her and he said it can be possible if she will apply to be a legal advisor. And i would like to know how can my girlfriend find a law firm that can provide a working visa for her and also how can she apply to be a legal advisor to work for my father company so we can give her the working visa. My father company is a construction company.

i am reviewing your question.

will be back today anytime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Irma


i can help you with your question.

she need a company who has COS (certificate of sponsorship) to sponsor overseas employees. if your father's company wants to hire her then company must have COS to hire her and must advertise job for 6 months and must pass labour market test.

i hope it will help you.

please you give positive rating if you like my answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What means labour market test? And how can my father company apply for COS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have 4-5 months till her visa will expire.

they need to apply 'authorisation to issue COS' in the Home Office to employ non EU employees for their business. it could take 8-10 weeks standard processing time for authorisation. Then time to advertise for 'labour market test'.

IA Solicitors and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help.