How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1584
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

I am on a visitors visa I have been advised that I can

This answer was rated:

I am on a visitors visa I have been advised that I can switch it to a tier 2 visa if I have a letter of sponsorship and a contract of employment
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm in the UK at the moment and no I have filed no documents
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: Yes and he said I can switch it and now all over Facebook people are saying it's not possible I have not worked on my visa but I was offered a job here also south africa is in a mess I would apply for aslym but I am not sure if I can
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I am a single mom in a complete state and about to have a total break down I can't go back to South Africa cos I am white and we can't get jobs I will be on the street in no time
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm on a UK visitors visa in the UK not on Australia this has nothing to do with Australia

I am reviewing your question. Will be back today anytime

can you please explain what is your citizenship?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm a South African citizen


i can help you for your concerns.

As you have explained that you are on visitor visa in UK.

i am afraid, a visitor visa can not be switched into tier 2 work visa. if you want to get tier 2 work visa then you will have to apply from your home country.

As you have explained that you are a single Mom and have issues because you are white. so, you can apply for asylum.

i hope it will help you.

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you help me to apply for asylum

we are not allowed to make clients by this site.

you should visit your nearest solicitor. your solicitor will advice to apply for asylum

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

you are welcome

IA Solicitors and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you