Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I am from HK and interested in UK Tier 1 investor visa. It

Hi, I am from HK and interested in UK Tier 1 investor visa. It requires the investment of 20M pounds. I wonder at the time of appilcation, would be ok to show my total asset value ? (cash equivalent value of savings, bonds, stocks, funds, insurance savings...) rather than a net cash amount on bank statement, as it took time to cash in asset.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps taken. Just at preparation phase. I am from HK and a HK Chinese citizen.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 1 visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just that question, as I am preparing cashing in asset

Good afternoon and thanks for your question.

In order to be eligible for Tier 1 Investor Visa on the main requirements is that you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK.

You must show the following otherwise you visa will be rejected:

how much money you have and where it’s being held, where the money came from if you’ve had the money for less than 2 years, ,that the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it’s not already in the UK)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know. What I am asking is do I have to show the net cash or just asset equivalent cash value at the time of application ? I know I would invest 20M pounds after successful application.

You can use assets equivalent to cash value

but for extension only. There is probability Home Office will refuse application because of that.

What type of assets do you have? They usually do not accept assets such as property

Funds that you claim are available, but have not been converted to money, will not be accepted for the award of points for initial applications. This includes estimates of the money that will become available when assets are sold. This is because, until the sale of these assets is complete and cash transferred to the seller, there is no guarantee that the estimated value of the assets will be realised. Property purchased in the UK will not be accepted as evidence for an initial application, but may be accepted as evidence of the balance of your funds for an extension application.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My money is distributed in cash, stocks, savings in insurance. Not in property. To make up net cash of 20M pounds at the time of application, I have to cash in stocks. No property involved. Is that ok if I just got the necessary cash ready only when I need to buy UK asset after successful application ?

Please rate me with 5 stars if you are happy with the information provided. It is crucial for me to keep my services as good as it stands now! Thanks in advance!

Funds that you claim are available, but have not been converted to money, will not be accepted for the award of points for initial application.

This includes estimates of the money that will become available when assets are sold. This is because, until the sale of these assets is complete and cash transferred to the seller, there is no guarantee that the estimated value of the assets will be realised.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about stocks ? It had market value.