How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 436
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

My daughter is offered to do her post grad in London at the

This answer was rated:

Hello,My daughter is offered to do her post grad in London at the AA.She needs a Tier 4 visa and has a South African passport but is doing her internship in Madrid at present.Can she apply for the Tier 4 visa somewhere in Europe,UK or Spain without having to come back to SA to apply from here
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your daughter live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: ok so she already did have a tier 4 for her undergraduate which she had done in Edinburgh.It was valid for 4 years.She completed her degree and the Tier 4 she had expired.She is currently doing an internship at the Norman foFoster foundation so it would be convenient for her to apply in Europe and not come all the way back her to do so if possible.She has a cas number and an offer form the Uni so now needs to do the application form and the Biometrics which we dont know if she can do in a country that she doesnt reside in.She also has a tourist visa for the UK for the next 2 years so if allowed she could apply for her Tier 4 in the UK or in Madrid.
JA: Has your daughter talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: No, as we have done the first Tier 4 regularly in Cape Town through the consulate.It was straight forward.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I need to know really is if she can apply for her Tier 4 in the UK or in Madrid without coming back to her country of residence.

Hi there, if your daughter is a resident in Madrid she can apply from there without going back SA

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has a South African Passport and is currently holding a 2 year tourist multiple entry visa to the UK.She also has a Serbian passport and is doing her 6 months internship in Madrid on her Serbian passport.Her studies in London start on the 15 September and she needs to apply fro a Tier 4 visa.
She has all the documents needed for this but we don't know if it is possible to apply other than in South Africa.She is not a resident in Spain.

On her Serbian passport she can can apply for Tier 4 from Serbia without going back to SA

Otherwise she will have to go to the SA to apply

As she is in Spain for only 6 months of she applies from there it may get rejected

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thank you .That helps to know.I will let her know.Much appreciated.

I hope this answers your question.

Please do give us 5 star rating as it’s important for us to maintain the quality of service

Tamari Kokrashvili and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

You are most welcome!

Do contact us if you have any further queries.