Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I ha a tier 4 visa from sep 2011 till oct 2016. My eldest

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I ha a tier 4 visa from sep 2011 till oct 2016. My eldest son was a dependent and was living with me during this period.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Egyptian. Then, I moved with my family to work in Dubai. In sep 2017, my son return back to the UK as tier 4 general student. in Sept 2018, I returned back with all my family as tier 2 visa and all of them are dependent except from my eldest son
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: I wonder can I switch my son's visa from tier 4 visa to tier 2 dependent
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks

Good evening and thanks for your question!

As I understand you want to know if your son can switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependant visa. Am I correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good evening
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that's true

Did your son finish his studies already?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not yet. He still has two year left of his study

May I ask what is the reason he wants to switch from tier 4?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We want him to stay with us after he'll finish his study as all the family now will stay here till 2023 but his visa will expire in 2021
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also, I think if he switches his visa to Dependent he can apply with us for ILR

In any case, yes it is possible to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 dependant for sure even if he is over 18 years old buy he must be dependant on you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how can I prove this?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I mean what are the evidences that I can include to support the application?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry, internet connection is quite bad. Let me fix it and I will text you

I am sorry for the delay.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No worries

Because whole family is here in the UK (both parents) it should not be a problem to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependant. Although, if your son is over 18 it can make more difficult as you need to show, financial dependency as well other, e.g. he lives with you etc.

I would highly advise you to go and see a competent lawyer to help you with this matter, do not make application alone, PBS is very complicated even for experienced professionals themselves.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How much does it cost?

I would highly appreciate if you can rate me with 5 stars if your are happy with the information provided.

You mean lawyer's fees? it depends to a particular lawyer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sure.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just an approximated fees

On an average £650 and more.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
six hundred and fifty. Are you sure?

Lawyer's fees only, on an average can be £650 and more. I can not give you exact fees unfortunately.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent a consent letter with his tier 4 visa clarified that I financially support him. Do you think this may helpful?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I mean his tier 4 visa application

Yes it will be helpful.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome, I hope i have helped! Good Luck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much.

I would highly appreciate if you can rate me with 5 stars if your are happy with the information provided. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate it so much if you could confirm that if he'll successfully switch his visa from tier 4 visa to tier 2 dependent, can he later apply for ILR with the rest of family members.