How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 433
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

National living in the uk as family member of EEA national.

This answer was rated:

hi, i am Pakistani national living in the uk as family member of EEA national.
i have 5 years residence card as a family member of EU National.
next month i am going to apply of my PR (permanent residence). When i get my PR card from Home Office.
Can i sponsor my real bother back in Pakistan to come to the UK as a dependant family member of me? or not .
because i am not sure that after getting my PR . I will be a EEA national in the UK or not , or my status in uk will be a British person?
am i qualified person for my bother to sponsor or not?

Good Afternoon and thanks for your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Your brother can not apply as EEA dependant on you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
becuase my status is not EEA National?

Although, he may be able to apply as a dependant on your spouse. In this case he needs to show dependency on her/ him.

Because you are not an EEA national and once your will obtain your Permanent Residence in the UK you will be under British Law and not EU law.

Please rate me with 5 stars if your are happy with the answers provided to you today. It is crucial for me to maintain my high services. Thanks in advance!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But how my wife can sponsor to my brother when ''From 1 February 2017 the rights of extended family members only applies to
relatives of the EEA national and not to relatives of the EEA national’s spouse or civil
partner. This means that an extended family member can no longer rely on their
relationship to the EEA national’s spouse or civil partner in order to meet the
requirements of regulation 8. Instead, they must show that they are related to the
EEA national.''

Extended family members and unmarried partners are not guaranteed to get a permit but depending each individual case circumstances it will be considered when someone apples for it.

And because of experience, family members of non-EEA national spouse have been granted even after 1 February 2017 from inside and outside the UK.

Also, I said the he MAY not WILL BE GRANTED in my previous answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Last question: i am sending money to my brother in Pakistan to support him , but NOT being sent by my EEA spouse. are the remittances helpful for Family permit, becoz these are in my name not the EEA national spouse name

It has to be in your partner's name not yours.

Thanks for your question today. I hope I gave you full answer and explanation about it.

Have a good day and please do not forget to rate me as asked kindly previously, as it is important for me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After getting my PR ......if i move to any other European country like Ireland to sponsor my brother , will i be qualified sponsor in Republic Ireland or not because i will not be in UK ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THAT is my last question above

You need to be a Citizen and not only hold PR. Thank you

Tamari Kokrashvili and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you