How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6394
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I'm a Belgian citizen. I work remotely and make good money

This answer was rated:

I'm a Belgian citizen. I work remotely and make good money (about 55,000 pound).I would like to move to London and live/work there.What steps do I need to take? I have not filled out any paperwork yet.Can I just move today to London and get a flat there?Do I need to register with the British government?


Yes, as an EU national, you may simply fly to London and start working. You may also rent a flat in London.

Once you are here, you may apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. There is no application fee:

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great, thank you. Is there anything else I would need to do?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok could you contact me and let me know when we can get on call?

Sorry, I am unable to call. But there is nothing from an immigration point.

You would need to get a national insurance number if you don't have one and you may need to register with HMRC for tax purposes if you are self employed.

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you