UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I'm a Belgian citizen. I work remotely and make good money

I'm a Belgian citizen. I work remotely and make good money (about 55,000 pound).I would like to move to London and live/work there.What steps do I need to take? I have not filled out any paperwork yet.Can I just move today to London and get a flat there?Do I need to register with the British government?

Yes, as an EU national, you may simply fly to London and start working. You may also rent a flat in London.

Once you are here, you may apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. There is no application fee: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great, thank you. Is there anything else I would need to do?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok could you contact me and let me know when we can get on call?

Sorry, I am unable to call. But there is nothing from an immigration point.

You would need to get a national insurance number if you don't have one and you may need to register with HMRC for tax purposes if you are self employed.