How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1874
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

I'm a New Zealand citizen who is currently in the process of

This answer was rated:

I'm a New Zealand citizen who is currently in the process of applying for the armed forces. When I'm in, I get a waiver but I was wondering about which visa I should get for the process beforehand (about 6 months for the different tests). Also, I'm a French citizen but my passport is expired if that changes anything
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't filled in any paperwork as of yet as I'm unsure which visa to go for. I live in NZ and am a dual citizen New Zealand- France.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Just realised I'm on the wrong tab sorry, that was what I was supposed to do. Sorry for the confusion
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it thanks

Do you have French ID card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't. All I have is my expired passport and my birth certificate

If you want to use French passport to enter and live uk then you would have to renew it. Is this possible to renew it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it is. If I do so and move after 31st of October, is there going to be significant changes to the visa process or not?


i can help you for your concerns.

you are French Passport holder. you should have valid passport. if you have French National ID card then you can use this ID card to enter the UK as well.

if you want to enter after 31 October 2019 then there will be no difference till 31 December 2020. Any EEA National can enter in UK until 31 December 2020.

i hope it will help you.

Please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That helps a lot thanks. One last question, EEA Nationals can work in the UK without a visa correct?


But if any EEA national want to live permanently then he/she should apply pre-settled status before 31 December 2020.

After December 2020, this facility will be ended.

IA Solicitors and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you