IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

I am applying for my Tier 2 dependent visa extension this

Hi I am applying for my Tier 2 dependent visa extension this month but I am unsure if the document I provided is correct. I am using my wifes certificate of sponsorship that will expire on november 2019. I am wondering if it is ok to use because I am afraid that they would only grant me an extension till november 2019. Because of that certificates validity.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have completed the online application but I havent submitted my documents and biometrics. Filipino citizenship. I live here in the UK.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it

Hi there I am reviewing your question.

Would you like to add anything further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats it.

What about your wife visa?

Does she want to apply for further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is going to apply for her indefinite leave. Because she has 5 yrs of stay in the uk. But for me I need to extend because I am just 4 yrs before my current visa expires. So, that is why I am applying for extension.

You have got visa as dependant.HO will issue visa till the date of your wife visa expires.

I hope it will help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
those that mean I need to wait for my wifes application of indefinite leave first before applying for myself?

If your visa is expiring early you must not wait for her extension because you will be overstay if you dont have valid leave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I just add a letter saying that my wife is due to apply for her indefinite leave this year and I am applying sooner to avoid overstaying?

You can write in covering letter but it will not affect your application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I then add as a supporting document that would help my application for extension?

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

• your certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • proof of your knowledge of english language
  • a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel
  • expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
  • your salary according to your financial threshold

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more thing when is the best time to apply for a tier 2 dependent visa extension. Before the main applicant or the same time? Do you think Its ok to apply for an extension if the main applicant hasnt applied for here indefinite leave to remain?

tier 2 extension should be applied 28 days before the expiry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same for dependant visas?

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I applied early but havent submitted my biometrics and documents? Is it better to cancel it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or contact them and explain that I have applied early? And willing to wait? Not sure what to do really.

you should book an appointment for fingerprints and documents with in 28 days before the expiry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for the information.