IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

Thank you for your response. To clarify my question; I am

Thank you for your response.To clarify my question; I am from USA and living in London UK. I received my first Tier 2 Visa for October 10th, 2014 - October 15, 2016 (2 years and 6 days) When that visa expired, then we went to reapply and the application came back denied. We went through a long painful process but then I received a second Tier 2 Visa on February 10, 2017 - December 15, 2019 (2 years 10 months and 6 days) So, I was in between visas for 4 months. The total time I have been on the Tier 2 visa is 4 years 10 months and 12 days.The 4 months that I was not on a Visa and I was in the application phase - do these months count toward my 5 years to IRL? or no?Now I am coming up to the end of my second visa. Can I apply for IRL or do I need to apply for a third Tier 2 Visa?Thank you, Michelle

when you2 2nd extension was denied then how did you get your visa, did you get through court appeal or fresh application?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we did a new application with a lawyer

please you explain details of immigration correspondence in those 4 months?

with dates.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m not sure on the exact dates... the visa was denied, we appealed, then that was denied then we hired a lawyer and he made a new application.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
then it was approved on february 2, 2017

How many days after your refusal you applied fresh application?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can’t remember ☹️

hi

i give your answer.

They did grant you visa extension, it means you applied court appeal and your fresh application on time. So you will be eligible for ILR after 10 october 2019.

( you need to double check your documents, if you did not go beyond your given time after denied visa extension to appeal and then court denial to visa extension fresh application, then you will be eligible for ILR)

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm still a bit confused. I found some more information that may help you...
When we reapplied (in-house, without a lawyer) for the 2nd Tier 2 Visa, we did not realise we needed a new CoS number and we reapplied with the original CoS number and the application came back denied. We applied for the Admin Review on October 27, 2016, as the Home Office suggested. That was denied on November 23, 2016. Then we realised we needed a new CoS number and I made a priority service phone call and received a new CoS number on November 28, 2016Then we hired a lawyer and he took over from there. He posted the new visa application on December 2, 2016. The application was received by the Home Office on December 6, 2016. The visa was denied on Janurary 5, 2017. The Lawyer said “The Home Office have clearly awarded all the points and refused only on the basis that her extended leave had expired. In our cover letter submitted with your application clearly explained that your application was within the permissible 14 days. There is a right of admin review and it should be exercised.”We filed for the Admin Review and I was granted my 2nd Tier 2 Visa on February 10, 2017.I am currently still on my 2nd Visa and it expires on December 15, 2019.I did not leave the UK in the 4 months during the time that my visa was denied. The Home Office kept my passport for the entire time.Please let me know if you need any more info

As per your explanation, you are eligible to apply for ILR. you do not need extension.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating. After rating, you can continue your further conversation.

But still, please apply through your Solicitor.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay thank you for you answer