IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

Will I need a visa to visit the UK from New Zealand? I have

Will I need a visa to visit the UK from New Zealand? I have convictions for possession and cultivation of cannabis (35 years ago) and low level assault (a fine 15 years ago).
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have done nothing. I am a New Zealand citizen living in New Zealand.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.

hi

i give your answer.

Any conviction stays maximum 11 years in the criminal record, your last conviction was 15 years ago so it should be filtered from your criminal record in New Zealand. With New Zealand passport, you can gain an entry at UK airport so you no need visa prior to travel.

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you