How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6398
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I have question regarding my

Customer Question

Hi there
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have question regarding my parents
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They are overstayed from last 16 years
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 months ago.


What is their nationality?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 months ago.

They may apply for ILR under the 20 years long residence rule once they have been here for 20 years.

See here for more information:

Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But I have indefinite leave and my wife is British & I have 2 kids both are British . So the whole family is here nobody is back home . Can I not apply under family basis ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 months ago.

You may apply, applying is one thing, but being successful is another.

My view is that they have a better chance to apply under the long residence rule.

All the best. Please leave a positive rating for my honest answer.