How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6501
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am an agent for Actors. My client is on a Tier 4 Student

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am an agent for Actors. My client is on a Tier 4 Student Visa which gives him the right to work 40 hours in non term time. He has booked a job on a TV production which is filming in the UK. My question is can he do this on his UK visa or will he need a Spanish Visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: He is an American citizen with a tier 4 student visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats fine
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry its a UK production filming in Spain
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

He cannot use his UK visa to work in Spain. He would need a Spanish work visa.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this not different if it is a UK production company?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

That is not relevant, what is relevant that the shooting will take place in Spain.

He would fall under Spanish immigration laws.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars