Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I'd like to ask about my own eligibility for applying for a

Customer Question

Hello, I'd like to ask about my own eligibility for applying for a Permanent Residence in UK I have first come to study in UK in September 2019 and I then went back home (China) from July 2013 - September 2014
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No I have not filed any paperwork. I live in UK, and my citizenship is China
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I havent, I will potentially need a lawyer for this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on Tier 2 work visa now so my visa history has been 4 years student visa, 2 years student visa, and 3 years Tier 2 work visa but I want to apply for permanent residence because I want to change job, and stop being sponsored by my current employer
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I will need full facts before advising you on your matter:

When did you first enter the UK?

Did you have any gaps between your visas?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello, thanks for reply. I first entered UK in 09/2009 (Tier 4), left UK in 07/2013, came back to visit in 03/2014 (Tourist visa), then re-entered UK in 09/2014 (Tier 4), and switched to Tier 2 in 10/2016 till now

Unfortunately you will not be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the vases of long residence because you left the UK for more than 6 months in 2013.

Just to confirm did you leave the UK for more than 6months during this whole period of time?