How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I'd like to ask about my own eligibility for applying for a

Customer Question

Hello, I'd like to ask about my own eligibility for applying for a Permanent Residence in UK I have first come to study in UK in September 2019 and I then went back home (China) from July 2013 - September 2014
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No I have not filed any paperwork. I live in UK, and my citizenship is China
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I havent, I will potentially need a lawyer for this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on Tier 2 work visa now so my visa history has been 4 years student visa, 2 years student visa, and 3 years Tier 2 work visa but I want to apply for permanent residence because I want to change job, and stop being sponsored by my current employer
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I will need full facts before advising you on your matter:

When did you first enter the UK?

Did you have any gaps between your visas?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello, thanks for reply. I first entered UK in 09/2009 (Tier 4), left UK in 07/2013, came back to visit in 03/2014 (Tourist visa), then re-entered UK in 09/2014 (Tier 4), and switched to Tier 2 in 10/2016 till now
Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately you will not be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the vases of long residence because you left the UK for more than 6 months in 2013.

Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 10 days ago.

Just to confirm did you leave the UK for more than 6months during this whole period of time?