Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

THANK YOU I WISH TO ENQUIRE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING - I HAVE

THANK YOU I WISH TO ENQUIRE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING -
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I HAVE BECOME FRIENDLY WIT A RUSSIAN BOY FROM MOSCOW AND WISH TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE FOR HIM TO MOVE TO THE UK - CAN HE APPLY FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: CAN HE APPLY FOR DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY?

Good afternoon, What is your status in the UK? Are you British Citizen?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

You can invite him as a visitor in the UK but he will only be able to Remain her up to 6 month at a time.

If you are planning to get married in the UK within next 6 months he can make an application as a fiancé and once here, get married and apply for spouse visa.

Unfortunately, there is no way you he can apply for citizenship straight away, even if you are married.

There are other options available, like student visa, if he can afford it Tier 2 general work visa, but for this he will require a licensed sponsor in the UK.

I would appreciate if you can provide a 5 star positive rating if your question has been answered.

I am happy to assist you further though if you still have question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
once he gets a spouse visa can he live with me in UK for good

Once he gets a spouse visa he will be granted 2.5 years visa, after that period he needs to apply to extend it for another 2.5 years. In total after 5 years he will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. He will have a right to work without any restrictions during this whole period of time.

If you will get married in Russia, he can apply for spouse visa straight away. I believe you are both over 18 years old adults? Also you, as a sponsor must be earning more than £18,600 in a year to be able to sponsor him.

Is there anything else I can help with?

If not, please do provide a positive rating as otherwise my answers will not count towards my profile! I am sure you do appreciate my assistance!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so basically we are gay so I think getting married in Russia would not be possible so if I understand correctly he has to apply for a 6month visa in Russia enabling him to come to UK for 6 months and then when he is here we have to apply for a civil partnership or marriage and at the same time he must apply for a Fiance Visa (how long can a fiancé via last for ?) and once married he applies for the 2.5 year visa twice then seeks settlement

I am happy to provide additional answers once rating is provided as you initial question was answered. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
how long can the Fiancé visa be for?

Your partner can apply for a Fiancé visa straight away from Russia, once he will be granted, you can get married within 6 months, his fiancé visa will be valid only for 6 months. After marriage in the UK, you can apply for spouse visa.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is it possible for him to apply for a 6 month visitor visa to UK in Russia and then travel here and after 5 months in UK then apply to the UK for a fiancé visa?

Yes it is possible.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That would give us more time to make sure we are compatible