Waleed Hassan
Waleed Hassan, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge in Immigration, Nationality and Asylum law and have had conducted in lead cases.
85266915

How can I get BRP for my British born kids? I am a refugee

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: How can I get BRP for my British born kids? I am a refugee and have leave to remain status. I mkistakenly sent my documents to one of home office screenining office and I lost all my documents- my BRP and my Kids Birth Certificates. How can I get them back because the person who signed and received the parcel I sent on behalf of the office declined to hep me get my documents back?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I sent the application which included my BRP and my kids birth certificates to one of the home office asylum screening office. They told me that they don't deal with the BRP and they confirmed that they received my application. But, when asked to get back my documents they declined to assist.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: No, because, I have already been granted refugee status I need to get BRP for my kids who born in UK after I was granted leave to remain
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No worries, I can wait for you.

My name is***** and I am a specialist immigration solicitor at www.whsolicitors.co.uk

Just Answer is for getting information only, and it is not a substitute for legal advice.

First, you should consider making a formal complaint against the Screening Office for refusing to return your documents. You can send an email to the complaint's department, and the details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

Secondly, on your status grant letter saying that you have been granted refugee status, there is an address of the team that dealt with your case. You should write to them as well and provide evidence of the documents sent to the Screening Office, for example, the recorded delivery number.

If step 1 and step 2 above does not resolve the issue, you should get your local MP involved to investigate the matter.

Finally, if your MP is unable to resolve the matter, then you consider taking legal action against the Home Office, and you will need to contact an Immigration Solicitor to assist you.

Thank you for your question. Please kindly rate my answer so that I can get credit for my time.

Waleed Hassan

www.whsolicitors.co.uk

Waleed Hassan, Immigration Solicitor
Experience: I have extensive knowledge in Immigration, Nationality and Asylum law and have had conducted in lead cases.