How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2972
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Thanks for your response to my question.. my friends ex is

This answer was rated:

Hello, thanks for your response to my question.. my friends ex is now an american citizen so I don't think the authorities would do anything with him being over there...she just wants to clear her conscience because she desperately did not want to sign but had no choice because of the threats that he was making.. he always told her that he was planning to remain with her... but in her heart, she wasnt.. could she really be in trouble after all this time and what sort of trouble would she be in? She was in a bad way mentally and has been since because of the stress of all of this..

Hi, I appreciate what you are saying however to report so many years later and having supported the deception can have a different result to what she desires and if the man is no longer relying on her to be in the UK he may not be there to answer to the home office. I think it has been left far too late but if she feels it will make her feel better mentally she should consider making an anonymous report and the home office will investigate if they consider it important to do so at this stage. I hope this answers your question.

SolicitorRM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, thank you for your response