How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3885
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My husband wants to call his mum on settlement visa

This answer was rated:

Hi my husband wants to call his mum on settlement visa
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: He is European and I am British we live in England
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet but she will cause us to split up
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I make a complain

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am reviewing your question now

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi ok thanks

Regrettably I cannot think of any legal basis for complaining or for where you can complain. Your husband being EEA national is entitled to sponsor his family members to join him in the UK and if after talking between the two of you and he still does not agree with your sentiments then unfortunately there is nothing you can do really to stop him from inviting her. The mother will be relying on his status and not on your marriage and if the mother is EEA national herself she may not even need your husband's support if she just gets on a plane and come to the UK. If she is a non-eea national then she will need your husband to sponsor her and you need to speak to your husband to get him to understand why you do not think he should support the application. There is really no official body you can report to that a parent coming would end your marriage. I hope this answers your question and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He was adopted and that's how he became a European. He wants to apply for his biological mother who lives in Pakistan.. would him being adopted weaken the case?

Hi, a child who is adopted has same rights as biological child in the adoptive family unit. However not knowing what arrangements were agreed to when the adoption took place his biological mother will have under normal circumstances lost her parental responsibility for the child with the adoptive parents being the parents and as such he may have difficulty bringing her anyway if she lost those rights when he was adopted.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He changed his name to his adoptive parents family surname. But from the last 2 years he has been financially supporting his biological mother yet his adoptive parents live in Germany so would you consider his case as weak? Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He also did DNA test to prove that's his biological mother as he thinks that will make the case stronger

He cannot be stopped from supporting his biological parent if he chooses to find them and to support them, however whether they are still a parent for purposes of immigration purposes depends on what was agreed when the adoption was finalised that many years ago. If he gets legal representation frankly he may be able to bring her as an extended family member especially where he has the dna to prove their link and the evidence that they are dependent on him. He may have been advised already to start supporting her and to put that evidence together. From a legal position and with the freedoms that exist for individuals I feel you will struggle to try and stop another adult from exercising his rights to invite who they wish to join them. It would be a difficult one for you unfortunately.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks

You are welcome. All the best

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Another question I have is I have a daughter from my first marriage and the contact between her and her biological father failed through cafcas in a supervised centre 3 years ago. They have no contact now. I want to work in Dubai as I am a teacher can I apply for a full custody order or full parent responsibility because she lives with me and her step dad. In the past I have not been able to take her out of the country more than 28 days but now I want to work in Dubai for a year
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to take her with me as I also have twins in my second marriage and we would go as a family
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My daughter is 8
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do receive child maintenance from her biological father for the daughter but there is no contact as they decided it was harmful to her well being

Hi, may you kindly log the question above separately as JA terms would require a different thread for a different issue to ensure guidance is focused and not confusing. You can start your enquiry FAO Solicitor RM and it will be directed to me and I will pick it up as I will be online for a further hour or so tonight

SolicitorRM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you