UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am going to apply for british citizenship. I was born in

Hello, I am going to apply for british citizenship. I was born in 1971 in then Czechoslovakia /now Slovakia as it devided into Czech Republik and Slovaka Republik/ Do I have to write in form I was born in Czechoslovakia or Slovakia? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am only about to fill in the online aplication form. I live in UK. My citizenship is Slovak Republik-Slovakia.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: O also want to know if the referees have to be bouth profesionals? As one of my referees is a childmander who used to look after my daughter.

You may write the current name of the country i.e Slovakia.

May I help further? If not, please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I also want to know if the referees have to be bouth profesionals? As one of my referees is a childmander who used to look after my daughter.

You need two referees.

From the AN Form:

"One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).

The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25."

Please leave a positive rating for the answers given.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I would like to ask when I submit the aplication for citizenship will I be able to travel aboard?I mean will there be a problem to leave the country during the aplication pending? Thanks

Please leave a positive rating for the answers already given first.