Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am an Australian passport holder with a British husband. I

Hello, I am an Australian passport holder with a British husband. I had Indefinite Leave to Remain issued in 2009. We moved to Singapore in 2011 for my husbands job. We have since returned to the UK (July 2019) and I applied for a Returning Resident visa from Singapore (since I was out of the UK for more then 2years). The Singapore visa office also took all of my biometric data etc. I was under the impression I would get a BRC with this visa. However, I was issued fairly quickly with a Returning Resident "Indefinite Leave to Enter" visa, valid for only 6 months. I called about this and was told to apply to transfer my visa to BRC about a month before the expiry (which is now). They were not very clear with explaining if this was compulsory, and if the 6 month entry visa means my IDR is reinstated upon arrival?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK, I am an Australian citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Looking for some clarification of what I've been issued with and if I need to take any further steps
Hi thank you for your message, I understand under this visa you can return to live permanently in the UK therefore your ILR is in effect reinstated. You can therefore apply for the BRP to confirm your ILR status. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.