How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 616
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

I am a UK citizen who plans to marry a Senegalese citizen

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen who plans to marry a Senegalese citizen who lives & works in Spain. We plan to marry in Spain , after I want my fiancé to live here with me in the UK, how long is the process? Qill
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we have not filed any paperwork yet
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also I want to know the process involved from start to finish and what documents will be required

Good morning and thanks for your question today.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning

Good afternoon.

Your then wife will require to apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK.

You as a sponsor must be earning more then £18,600 in a year if you do not have any non-British dependants applying with her.

You must have adequate accommodation in the UK where you will be living. you also need show that your relationship is genuine.

She must obtain English Language Certificate Level A1

In general, these are the documents to provide:

  • Valid passport
  • Evidence of minimum income requirement
  • Proof of genuine relationship
  • English language certificate
  • Right to live in the country where the applicant has applied from
  • TB test results, if necessary

Hi, are you still here?

I would appreciate if you could kindly provide a positive 5-star rating if your question has been answered. It is very important for my profile.

Tamari Kokrashvili and 4 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you