How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 619
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

I need some advice for a partner (wife) visa for UK, can you

This answer was rated:

Hello I need some advice for a partner (wife) visa for UK, can you help?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps yet, general advice. I am UK citizen working abroad. I'm looking at returning to UK in Nov and trying to bring Ukrainian wife to uk
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a general question about the financial requirements Cheers

Hi how may I help you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I recently married my wife who is Ukrainian in Kiev. I have been living and working abroad for 7 years. I am looking to return to UK in Nov and will hopefully find a job soon after. My question is ref the 18,000k financial threshold.Can I apply for a UK partner visa if I only have 1 month pay slip for a UK job? Could I use my previous 7 years pay slips from my foreign no UK job? I know the requirement is 6 months pay slips.I am a UK citizen and she is Ukrainian.CheersAndy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You can call me but my number is *****(###) ###-####(skype)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Shall I click call?

Hi Andy, yes you can use your previous job’s payslips and contract only if you were earning more than £18,600 in your previous job outside the UK as well, is your contract permanent in the UK? and will you be earning more then £18,600?

No, that’s fine, the system offers you call automatically, it was not me.

Tamari Kokrashvili and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I am still in my overseas job and my contract ends in Nov. I am earning over 60k pa. If I return to UK and get a full time job in uk earning over 19k pa can I apply with just 1 month uk pay slip and use my previous 12 months payslips(60k)?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you :-)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My Skype number is ***** (###) ###-####

You are welcome! Please let me know if I can be any further assistance.