How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 616
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

My wife who is an american citizen has just been granted

This answer was rated:

my wife who is an american citizen has just been granted entry clearance and has picked up her biometric card. She needs to go back to the use for a few weeks to tie up some loose ends in her moving process. Is there a minimum amount of time she needs to spend in the uk before she's allowed to travel abroad?
JA: What steps has your wife taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your wife live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: she's been given entry clearance, she's picked up her biometric card, she is an american citizen
JA: Has your wife talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: yes, we were told as long as she doesn't stay away for more than 180 days its ok, but, what I'm wondering since she's just arrived in th uk. does she need to stay a minimum amount of time here before she can leave and come back without any problems?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else thanks

Good afternoon, does your wife has spouse visa?

hi, are still here?

Tamari Kokrashvili and 5 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

It was nice to speak to you just now. Thanks