IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

I am 16 i am wanting to migrate to the netherlands with

i am 16 i am wanting to migrate to the netherlands with consent of my parent to live with my boyfriend and work, due to my past life issues (which are too long to list,such as absence of my father, issues with schooling, major depression and anxiety problems ect) i feel it would benefit me to do so, what are my rights and is it allowed?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am british and i live in england i have not taken any steps yet as i need to know if it is allowed due to my age.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no becase i dont know if i am allowed to move due to my age
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it possible to do?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am coming from england
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if i need suporting documents what will i need? i only have my passport, birth certificate national insurance number and agrement from my mum.

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

anything else you want to add?

where is your father?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he and my mother seperated i dont see him regular
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all i want to know is if i can move to the netherlands at the age of 16

your father has parental responsibility for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

if your mother has no court orders for you and she has no objection then you can move wherever you want.

you should take written consent from your mother to move out of the house, travel abroad and live with your boyfriend.

this written consent will help you in future, if you face any problem.

it is better for you to wait till the age of 18 because you are so young.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much. What is the first step I will need to take to start my process of moving?

it is better for you to contact a nearest family solicitor in your area through your mother. your solicitor will prepare a consent letter for you accordingly.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating by pressing 5 stars on top right corner of your screen.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Once I have my convent letter what will be the next steps? Do I need to apply for visas or residency permits?

Brexit date is 31 October 2019.

Netherland is an EU country if you move before 31 October 2019 then you can travel without visa..

After getting job in Netherland you can apply EEA residence card.

if you travel after 31 October 2019 then you will have to get visa to live permanently in Netherland.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to get a convent letter form my mum and if I move before October 31st I won’t need to do anything else?

yes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will need to register at an address obviously but if I have the convent form I can just go and do everything else there?

yes,

if your parents are not ready to give permission then you can contact to court to take permission.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They will give permission

yes,

if court will convince from your explanation then yes they will give permission.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok is there anything else I need to do anything I need to apply for?

no,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

welcome

please give positive rating by pressing 5 stars in top right corner of your screen

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is the best place I can go to get a consent letter from my parents?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also how much will it cost?

i told you before please ask your mother to contact to a nearest family solicitor to prepare a consent letter.

different solicitor charge different fee.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After brexit what will I have to do to move to Holland?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What exactly else will I need to apply for/ do in order to move to Holland after Britain leaves the eu? Will my British passport still be valid to travel to Holland after brexit?

After Brexit, your passport will be valid to travel to Holand just for 90 days not more than this.

if you want to live permanently, then you will have to apply as partner of your boyfriend or any work visa.

i hope it will help you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is allowed at the age of 16?

At 16, it will be very difficult.

it will be Immigration officer discretion, if your parent provide consent letter but there is no guarantee.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don’t understand can you explain more please at first you tell me I can with a parent consent letter now you tell me there is no guarantee and it is difficult. Can I move to Holland age 16 yes or no? Can I move to Holland after brexit yes or no? I need to know if I can and if so what exactly it is I need to do. Please could you explain the steps to me that are necessary to take

please do not mix two situations and two different circumstances.

if you will travel before brexit then you will travel in your own capacity. you do not need any paper work to live and work in any European country. consent letter just for border agencies to convince them your parents do not have any objection for your travel or live with your boyfriend.

If you will travel after Brexit, then you will have to apply visa to travel out of the UK from Embassy for work visa or any dependant visa then it will be Immigration officer's discretion. Immigration officer will consider your age, your explanation and your parent's consent letter.

if they will be satisfied then will issue you visa.

i hope it will help you to understand.