How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3909
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

When I arrived to UK I get "EU familiar' because my partner

This answer was rated:

When I arrived to UK I get "EU familiar ' because my partner came with an expat contract. I got residence visa till 2022.Just in June he decided accept other job and he left to Indonesia for work. Now, I stay here with my daughter 14 y.o.and I have to change my' visa status'. I was planning to do so when someone stole my wallet with the visa card inside. I did a report in the police, the question is:Do I have to request the copy? Or I won't have right to do so? If I have the right to ask for it:how long it will take to have a copy? What I have to do? Thank you
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If what you had is a residence card as a family member then when its lost you have to apply for a new one there is no process for replacement. Your solicitor could reallu download the form so I am not sure what it is they are waiting for. You could alternatively apply for settled status but you have to show that you are dependant on your sponsor partner who is the eea national. If they are not resident in the UK your solicitor I guess will be looking to regularise your stay with them being out of the country. I hope this is useful to you and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She said she wi ask a visa as "carer" because my daughter 14 y. o. Is student here in London. She also said that is not necessary to ask the copy of the lost visa because we are on "the way" to do a new one with different status. The point is I need to show my visa card for the veeting of a Letting agent.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

it is not possible to get a copy of lost residence card, you have to apply for a new one. Since she is applying for different status that would be her justification for just applying for the carer as opposed to new card. Your solicitor I would think would have weighed the pros and cons of the retained right of residence and the permit based on your minor child who is still in school before deciding on the one. I appreciate your dilemna with the letting agency issue, however if your husband will not be civil and agree to support that he is still sponsoring you as his wife just so you secure your residence card you have no option but to wait for your solicitor to apply for the new status I am afraid.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3909
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you