SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

When I arrived to UK I get "EU familiar' because my partner

When I arrived to UK I get "EU familiar ' because my partner came with an expat contract. I got residence visa till 2022.Just in June he decided accept other job and he left to Indonesia for work. Now, I stay here with my daughter 14 y.o.and I have to change my' visa status'. I was planning to do so when someone stole my wallet with the visa card inside. I did a report in the police, the question is:Do I have to request the copy? Or I won't have right to do so? If I have the right to ask for it:how long it will take to have a copy? What I have to do? Thank you

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If what you had is a residence card as a family member then when its lost you have to apply for a new one there is no process for replacement. Your solicitor could reallu download the form so I am not sure what it is they are waiting for. You could alternatively apply for settled status but you have to show that you are dependant on your sponsor partner who is the eea national. If they are not resident in the UK your solicitor I guess will be looking to regularise your stay with them being out of the country. I hope this is useful to you and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She said she wi ask a visa as "carer" because my daughter 14 y. o. Is student here in London. She also said that is not necessary to ask the copy of the lost visa because we are on "the way" to do a new one with different status. The point is I need to show my visa card for the veeting of a Letting agent.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will*

it is not possible to get a copy of lost residence card, you have to apply for a new one. Since she is applying for different status that would be her justification for just applying for the carer as opposed to new card. Your solicitor I would think would have weighed the pros and cons of the retained right of residence and the permit based on your minor child who is still in school before deciding on the one. I appreciate your dilemna with the letting agency issue, however if your husband will not be civil and agree to support that he is still sponsoring you as his wife just so you secure your residence card you have no option but to wait for your solicitor to apply for the new status I am afraid.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK