Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

BRP application, Lincoln, UK, Filling in the form fort a

BRP application
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lincoln, UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Filling in the form fort a BRP. They want proof of rsidnce going back to 2004 when I got Indefinate Leave to Remainb.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WHat to do if I dont have 15 years of old docs?

Good morning, Can you clarify your question please and I will answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the BRP application form asks for proof of residence going back to when I got my ILR?

Did you have BRP before or you had ILR sticker in your passport?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ILR sticker in expired passport

You will need to provide a copy of your ILR in your expired passport only. No need to provide residency documents at before your obtained your ILR.

Please send me a picture of that particular question here and I will answer more accurately if you would like to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the BRP online form won't let me proceed unless I tick the box promising to provide extra documents?e

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok hold sec see if i can get screen shot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must tick all boxes to proceed

OK, all it asks is, you to provide a proof of residence AFTER you obtained your Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. This can be anything, your bank statements, payslips, council letters, NHS letters which shows your address. It does not need to be for each month of the year.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you point me to who actually deals with this application? Because I don't have those physical original documents.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran my own company from 2007 so was elf employed contractor

I understand what you are saying but if you will send your application without any proof of address it may be refused. If you are self-employed you would have tax returns from HRMC

You can request your bank statements from 2004 for every 3 months in each year

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I will ask HMRC and banks. Thanks for your time.

Also, write a small cover letter in support of your application and explain that this is all you have it is understandable that you do not have many documents retained for such a long time.

I would appreciate if you could kindly provide a positive 5-star rating for today’s assistance as it is very important for my profile. Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do