Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

My son was born in UK and is 20 years old. Does he

Customer Question

My son was born in UK and is 20 years old. Does he automaticvally qualify for a British passport if he has lived in the UK for opver 20 years?
JA: What steps has your son taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your son live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: He has always live din UK. Both parents are South African and he applied for a passport but this was rejected as I (the father) only had an anecstral visa at the time. We got ILR after he was born for the whole family.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No, we haven't spoke to a lawyer. Ee don't want a visa but want to know if he can get automatic cirzienship and a British passport.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if he qualifies without having to apply for naturalisationa and how to go about applying or repealing the rejected application if possible.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon and thanks for your question.

According to the information provided above. Your son must apply for naturalization first as he does not qualify for British Citizenship automatically.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If you do not have further questions and as your initial inquiry was answered I would appreciate if you could kindly provide a 5-star positive rating for today's assistance. As it is very important for my profile.

Hello?

Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 6 days ago.