ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I have a query regarding tier 4 curtailment visa, the school

Hi! I have a query regarding tier 4 curtailment visa
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: the school has reported my visa curtailment due to the early completion of my studies. I am an international student from the Philippines and have recently finished all my studies.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a few questions that need clarifications to make sure all my remaining activities in the UK are done on legal basis. Please advice.1. Given the fact that I finished my studies last September 2019, am I allowed to work in the UK during the duration of my 4 months extension as a postgraduate international student from October 2019 to January 2020?2. Are employers allowed to employ me while I wait for my curtailment letter with my new visa expiry date?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello,I am a Tier 4 student at Kingston University and I am having an early completion of my course of study. I started my studies on 24th September 2018 and now have an end date of 27 September 2019 (due to early completion of studies). The university has already reported the early completion of my course to UKVI. My BRP was issued on 10-09-2018 and it currently states that my visa will expire on 30-01-2021, however, since my studies will finish early, it will be curtailed down to12 months.Currently, I plan to work within the duration of my 4 months extension as an international student while I wait for my graduation which is expected to commence in January 2020. My employer is asking me a letter from the home office or UKVI to confirm that my visa will be curtailed and will expire on a specific date. However, this might take 4-8weeks. Please advice on what to do as my employer said I cannot work until I prove that my visa will be curtailed and will expire on January 2020.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Has the visa been actually curtailed by the Home Office or are you awaiting notice from them that it has been curtailed?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am still waiting for the curtailment letter from the Home Office
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My employer wants proof that my new expiry will be in January 2020 before I can start working. However, curtailment letter takes too long to arrive or even sometimes does not arrive.

You may continue to work on the existing BRP. Your status does not change until you receive notification from the Home Office.

You would simply provide your employers with your existing approval to work.

I hope I clarified things for you.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to rate the services recieved.

best wishes

RL

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Does this mean that my employer can process my application with my current BRP? As I have already given all my requirements to my employer including BRP card but they still asked me to give them the curtailment letter.Please advice. Thank you!Kind regards,
Sheena

Yes. Until you obtain the curtailment letter you are still permitted to work in the UK on the basis of your BRP.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help!Kind regards,
Sheena

You are welcome!