SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Assistant: How can I help? I need some legal advice

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need some legal advice
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Wiltshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am married with two kids and I am a foreign national naturalised to live in uk
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What's your question, please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am a naturalised British Citizen. I am originally from Nepal. I am married to Nepalese citizen and she holds the Ilr and is living in UK. She have applied for naturalisation as well recently. Does she still hold the Ilr and is she eligible for naturalisation if she gets separated with me?
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 7 days ago.

OK, this is immigration so I'll opt out for others to pick up. No need to reply to me, a colleague will assist.

Kind regards, Peter

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Once she has ILR she is independent from you so yes she still holds it whilst she awaits her naturalisation decision and yes she is still eligible even if you divorce. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best