How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3134
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I need some legal advice

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need some legal advice
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Wiltshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am married with two kids and I am a foreign national naturalised to live in uk
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What's your question, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am a naturalised British Citizen. I am originally from Nepal. I am married to Nepalese citizen and she holds the Ilr and is living in UK. She have applied for naturalisation as well recently. Does she still hold the Ilr and is she eligible for naturalisation if she gets separated with me?
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 4 months ago.

OK, this is immigration so I'll opt out for others to pick up. No need to reply to me, a colleague will assist.

Kind regards, Peter

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 4 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Once she has ILR she is independent from you so yes she still holds it whilst she awaits her naturalisation decision and yes she is still eligible even if you divorce. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best