Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I woudl like to speak to a imigration lawyer, application

Customer Question

i woudl like to speak to a imigration lawyer
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: application for spouse and dependant child to settle in UK from Thaialnd
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: yes over the phone
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the dependant childs application has been defferred
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 1 month ago.

Can you please provide me with further details about your Immigration query so I can assist you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's complex but here we go
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My wife and stepdaughter (11yeats old dependant child ) have applied for settlement in UK from Thailand . There visa applications is currently at Sheffield. Each application has its on GWF number.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Own
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My stepdaughter has received two deferals the firstI am writing to inform you that we are unable to process your application for entry clearance to the United Kingdom.You have declared on your application form that you are a British national born in the UK with British parents. If this is the case, then you may be exempt from the UK’s Immigration Control, and so you would not require a visa to travel to the UK. This is because British Nationals cannot legally be issued UK visas in any other passport they may hold.We have deferred your application so that you can decide what to do next. You can:• withdraw your application and apply to obtain or renew a British passport
• withdraw your application, and apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in the UK, which does not limit your immigration status in any way. If you do not believe that you are a British national, then it is open to you to provide us with additional information to confirm this.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thai is wrong she has declared she is of Thai nationality and has a Thai mother
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her father was from the UK
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
However her has never been around all she has is a name age and nationality on her Thai birth certificate
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My wife has sole custody through Thai government she was never married to my stepdaughter a father
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is not clear yet wether this is the issue or they have just read the application wrong
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have raised an escalation
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you have any advice should we wait to see what the escalation brings
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thus have also defered on NHS payment initially they emailed in 03rd saying to top up then the top up button got cancelled . They emailed again yesterday and I was able to top up her NHS surcahrhe
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no way we can apply for a passport or right of abode as we only have a name age and nationality
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Of her father
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have searched the name (8 different spellings) at passport office for birth cert. Nothing found
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even if we did find a B cert how could we prove it was him with only a name , age an nationality
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can call me on***********

I will give you a call so we can discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards