Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Just a question, My Father is UK National by naturalization,

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Just a question
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: My Father is UK National by naturalization , can i get UK Citizenship on his behalf?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Never Before
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not residing in UK at moment
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi As Explained , i am not resident of UK at the moment , may father is Citizen of UK Since 2010 , and my Date of Birth is 16 Jan 1984 , can i get Uk Residence on his behalf or any Other Option to Get Settled there with my Family ?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 10 days ago.
Hi thank you for your messsge, the answer is no unfortunately the UK does not have inherited citizenship in this way. You could apply for a visa to come to the UK as a carer of him if needs care for example but not citizenship. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Dear Jeremy, Many thanks for your Quick response, Ok i understand your point, He is 64 Years now can i apply my visa as his Carer and if you could help me for the Procedure ?
Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately I have looked into this and this visa would not apply because it is where the visa applicant is applying to be cared for not the other way around. Therefore, you would need to look into another kind of visa where your family connection to the UK would not be an advantage such as a general work visa. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.