How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I have a british passport want to give it up and get a

Customer Question

i have a british passport want to give it up and get a indefint stay as i hold another passport and i am married to britisher is it possible
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no i live in the uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really i got the british passport 10years back cause i am married to a british citizen
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i got married in 1999 got indefinite stay cause my husband is english then 2005 got the naturaliztion and a british passport .i have two children and am still married all my family have british passport just wanted to know could i give up my british passport and get indefinite stay
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 4 months ago.

why you want to give up British Passport?