How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ms-Louise Your Own Question
Ms-Louise, Immigration Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 185
Experience:  Partner at Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ms-Louise is online now

I belong to the UK but my now ex-wife was not. However, we

Customer Question

I belong to the UK but my now ex-wife was not. However, we have a child together who was born in the UK in 2014. The child got her British passport because of my British status. I was unable at the time to file for my spouse stay in the UK, so after she came in the UK in May 2016, she soon after made claims of domestic abuse and violence which the Police stated were not true and after I took her to Court for contact with my daughter, the Court ruled that my ex-partner is untruthful and dismissed all of her allegations. However, we found out that she got a temporary stay in the UK based on a mother of a British child with special circumstances, to wit, if she and the child returned to her home country in the Caribbean, they might be killed. The Home Office does not know about the Police statements against my ex or the Court ruling against her. I want to take further legal actions against her but need to get the information from the Home Office concerning what allegations exactly she and her friend laid with the Home Office. How do I go about this?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK and haven't filed any paperwork with the Home Office, hence my earlier question
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not fully as yet as I wanted to know if it made sense doing so or go to the Police, instead?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The my ex-also claimed I sent threats to her family overseas. As a result of this false allegations, her two sons from her first marriage is now residing in the UK and we believe she made up this allegation for the purpose of making it look like her sons are in danger, so they too, can get to come and live in the UK
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 4 months ago.
Good Evening
GDPR, which replaced data protection means you will not be able to obtain any information about her, without her consent.