How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1831
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

My girlfriend is from chille and she lives in germany and

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my girlfriend is from chille and she lives in germany and has a working holiday visa from germany, she travles to see me in london very often or i go see her. last night as she came thru border control at stanstead airport the man at border control told her that she will not be allowed into the uk anymore after this trip, is this true, as she has a valid german visa
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: she is from chile
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 4 months ago.


I give your answer.

According to your explanation, she is not eligible to come to UK without visa. If she travelled before then border agency staff permitted her to enter UK to use their discretion. But legally she cannot claim entry without visa. She can come to UK without visa if visa stamp on her passport states that:

' family member of an EEA national'

Otherwise she need visa.

I hope it will help you.

Please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, i dont think u understood my question correct.she is allowed into the uk and she does not need a visa to come for a holiday as all people holding a Chilean passport are. Its just that she comes and goes ( Always with a return ticket) often, What visa would she need to apply for?
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 4 months ago.

How long she was in the UK in the previous 12 months?