How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3117
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Still waiting to see if anyone knows the answer to my

This answer was rated:

Hi still waiting to see if anyone knows the answer to my question can we be cc in when vfs scanning to Sheffield or can we have them forwarded to us as proof all scans were sent to Sheffield immigration many thanks

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. No they will not do that. I you are a sponsor in the UK I would normally guide my clients to enclose with their supporting docmuents a list of documents scanned at the application processing centre and request that if the documents have not been received to please advise and they will be resent. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Who can you request to that the documents have been received

You would receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the documents when they log your application as received by the centre in Sheffield. This is generally around the first week to 2. It is not easy to give you specific answer because you have actually not said what it is you have applied for. So whereas with visitors visas they will send the one acknowledgement, with the settlement visas they will send another email when they have received the sponsor's original documents. There is no generic address for requesting feedback but should they need further documents you will be provided with an email address not a postal address to which you will need to resend documents.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yes they say they have received your papers ect fiance visa but then two months later we were refused fiance visa saying no record of my employment but everything was sent via vfs scanned to Sheffield we were never told documents are missing only once we had been refused seemed to me a good money making for Sheffield I just needed advice how I can put a appeal in if this happens again because every document needed we had done

In that case you can do a data subject access Request and they have to disclose your documents. I had a client in April who luckily the UKVi Sheffield wrote to say vfs Thailand hadn’t scanned the documents and to please provide within 10days.

Send letter to the address where you sent your supporting documents

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is a data subject access request and who do you ask to do this ? Please

It’s a request you make for information on your file with the UKVI. You can write to them at the address below specifying you want copy of all documents received by them on the application and referred to when reaching their decision: Subject Access Request Unit
UK Visas and Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

you can do an online request which is my preference and what they recommend too and the link is here for you :

I am now logging off I have meetings most of the day so I can’t reply should you need to ask more questions. If you now have what you needed I would be most grateful for your rating at this stage. I able to take calls from about 12 so feel free to request a call should speaking be better for you.

SolicitorRM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you