How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1874
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

We relocated to the UK in1998 while our two children were

Customer Question

Hi, we relocated to the UK in1998 while our two children were under 18. Five years later my husband applied for ILR for all four of us. My son returned to SA in order to study for his degree. He used to visit at least every year and when his degree was completed he returned to the UK. He furthered some of his studies (converted his Law degree) and worked for another 4 years until he met his wife and married in SA and remained there. They have 3 children and he now wishes to return to the UK as SA has become a very dangerous place and there is an attack on all whites in the country. He re-applied for his ILR as he had lost it when he lived in SA. He was informed this morning that he can collect his documents and went in good faith, but unfortunately his application was rejected. What can we do to challenge this. My husband and I are getting older and close to 70's, we have no intention to return to South Africa and we were hoping for our only son to join us in the UK. Do you have any suggestions please?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We have not taken any steps yet as we have only learnt this, this morning. I have British citizenship and my husband is in the process applying for it too. We live in England, my husban teaches her for the past 20 years. My husband has ILR as he applied for it on his ancestralship.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: No, England do not have green cards.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think you can assist in British emigration matters. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 2 years ago.


i can help you for your concerns.

if they have given him any appeal right then he can file an appeal.

if they have not given him appeal right then he can apply for judicial review.


he will have to find a job in UK with such an employer which can issue him certificate of sponsorship. he can apply tier 2 visa with this certificate of sponsorship.

i hope it will help you.

please give positive rating

Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 2 years ago.

system shows, you have seen answer of your question. can you please send your feedback . You can reply here with precious word ‘thanks’ and I would value your time and feedback. Many thanks