How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 36790
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Would like to know from when I need to count my 14 calendars

This answer was rated:

Would like to know from when I need to count my 14 calendars days to appeal after a refusal letter? ( Spouse visa extension)
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am living in the UK. I am from Cameroon married to a British Citizen.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Not yet I am struggling with an appointment
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The rules are incredibly strict and 14 days means 14 days. The rule states as follows:

Rule 19(2) states that:

(2) If the [appellant] is in the United Kingdom, the notice of appeal must be received not later than 14 days after they are sent the notice of the decision against which the appeal is brought.

The notice must be received within the time limit, not merely sent. However, notice of appeal is lodged in time if it is provided to the Tribunal before midnight on the last day of the 14 day time limit (rule 11(1)), and if the 14th day is not a working day, then it is provided in time if it is provided on the next working day (rule 11(2)). A 'working day' means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday, bank holiday or the period 25th -31st December (rule 1(4)).

I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars.

ivorylounge and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you