Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

Thank you very much, I have a student visa I live in UK from

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Thank you very much, I have a student visa I live in UK from 2015 until now. My son 6 years old and he is in the primary school in year 2 now . He live in UK from April 2016. So, how can my son get a permanent visa.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am A PhD student I have A T4 Visa and my son and my wife dependent with me.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: no sorry
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am A PhD student I have T4 visa. l am from Iraq and I live in the UK as a student from 2015. My wife and my son joined me from April 2016, as a dependent with me. My son 6 year old, and he is in primary school in year 2. My question is how can my son get a permanent visa because he is study in the school. and my wife how can she get a permanent visa because the situation in Iraq very dangerous and me and my wife from different sector and she can not go back to Iraq with the recent sectarian wars specially we are from different sectors. So, she can not live in my area because she will be in danger nor I can live in her area. This is why my son and my wife try to find a settlement.

Further to your question, your son's leave is dependent on your visa and therefore he can only obtain a permanent visa once you apply for the same.

Kind Regards

If your wife or child are at risk on return to Iraq then they can claim asylum in the UK, however that should be a last resort. Your child cannot obtain permanent status in the UK due to him being in education.

Can you please confirm why you cannot continue on your current visa?

Kind Regards

If you are satisfied with the answer provided please do leave me a review.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My visa will expire because I will complete my study then I have to go back to Iraq

You can switch into a Tier 2 Visa if you are eligible. The alternative would be to claim asylum if you and your family are at risk on your return to Iran. I would recommend that you read the guidance in relation to claiming asylum.

Kind Regards