Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I need advice on EEA Family Permit for extended family

Hi I need advice on EEA Family Permit for extended family members please
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i have Norway national and I would like to apply for my brother to join me in Uk who is my dependant I haven’t done anything yet.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a brother who lives in Uk he’s British National

You can apply for your brother to come to the UK as your dependent on a family permit as long as you can prove your relationship and the dependency. You can provide evidence such as money transfer receipts and Bank Statements to confirm that he is financially dependent on you. Please find the guidance below.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit

I hope that answers your question and if you are satisfied with the response please leave me a positive review.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi yes I’ve read the info on government website I need to clarify few points.
Do I have to be in Uk for him to apply as it say you can join the with in six months.
And also if I am self employed what exactly do I need because as a self employed you don’t pay the tax until end of the financial year so does that mean I have to be self employed for year in Uk before I can apply?
And can my brother apply from any country or it have to be home country?