Ms-Louise
Ms-Louise, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  Partner at Solicitors
105281801

My fiance has a 10yrs ban to the uk he currently lives in

Customer Question

My fiance has a 10yrs ban to the uk he currently lives in ghana and I'm pregnant for him would he be allowed to come to the UK when the birth time is due
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am British and no I havent done anything yet hes already gone thru 4years
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet trying to find the right lawyer
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
Good evening
How did your fiance get a 10 year ban?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think the person that helped him used fake documents because he has never overstayed
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
Whether or not this would affect an application to come back to the UK would depend on what application he made.
If he applied for a visit Visa, it would be refused on this basis.
However if he applied for a Visa under Appendix FM, I.e as your finance or unmarried partner the application would not be refused on this basis, but you would have to meet the rest of the requirements of the immigration rules
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He applied for a visit visa and he got the ban...so what visa can he apply for now because I would really want him to be here during birth of our new baby
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
He won't be able to get a visit Visa now.
He can apply as a fiance, if you can evidence your intentions to marry, and meet the maintenance/ accomodation and English requirements.
Or as a partner if you could demonstrate having lived together for two years and the maintenance/ accommodation and English requirements
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What if we get married before applying
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
Great, then he could apply as a spouse. This wouldn't be refused because of the ban
You'll still need to meet the maintenance/accommodation and English requirements
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But he would definitely be given a visa to come here during the birth of his child
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
I can't guarantee that. The application process can take up to 3 months, and you have to meet all the requirements
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But if all the requirements are met the ban wont affect it right...
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
If he is coming as your husband. The ban will not affect that decision
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So what you think would be the best I should apply for or we should do
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
If you have time to get married, and you can meet the rest of the requirements. This would definitely be the best option
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But can we get married before the birth of the child or it has to be after
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 14 days ago.
You can marry before.