SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My sponsor license was suspended yesterday and I have plans

Customer Question

My sponsor license was suspended yesterday and I have plans to travel with my mrs for 2 weeks. Please advise
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am currently in the uk
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Are you sponsored for Tier 2 or for Tier 4 visa? When you say suspended do you mean revoked?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It's a tier 2 minister of religion and was suspended not revoked
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Myself and my mrs already bought tickets to travel out of the uk from the 13th of Nov to return 30th of Nov
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Hi thank you for your clarification and patience. Whilst the suspension is active your Tier 2 visa is not affected, however this is only during the time when the decision of the home office is pending. If you employer only just received the notification then they would normally have been given 20 days to respond to the notice. following that the home office will investigate and then give their decision. You can travel however the risk is with a decision being reached whilst you are out of the UK and if they take the licence you will not be able to come back in. It is your judgment call depending on whether you think the employer has already responded to the home office and investigations are underway or if your employer is yet to respond which would mean there is some time for the investigation and the outcome. If they lose their licence when you are back in the uk you will need to secure another sponsor failing which you will have to lesve the UK by the date in your curtailment notice lette. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience.