How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

I want to get my spouse removed as i am not with her

Customer Question

I want to get my spouse removed as i am not with her anymore. I am a british citizen. What do i do.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am british in the uk and my spouse came over on a spouse visa and already has had her 2.5 years extention. I have not made any steps.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wants to apply for leave to remain under domestic violence rules.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 6 months ago.


i can help you for your concerns.

you can inform to Home Office about your broken relationship.

i have attached the link

please read it carefully.

Home Office will take steps to cancel her visa.

i hope it will help you

Please give positive rating.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do i inform through the link you have given me if i want to inform the home office that i have separated and i want her removed. I am the british citizen. I read the link that you have given me is for the other to notify if they have separated. Please can you get back to me.
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 6 months ago.

You should read the first line of this link which addresses the both sides.

This link explains further to that party who is dependant of a British citizen.

I hope it will help you