ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

What, I just wanted to know how my my partner and i can get

Customer Question

what Good evening,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I just wanted to know how my my partner and i can get married in court in the UK. We don't want a big wedding. He lives in New York and i live and work in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in West Sussex....so i'm guessing the family court is in Worthing?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that's about it.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
I apologize I clicked the button in error.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
Kindly give me a minute to type a response
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
You would not get married in the UK in a court as would happen in the US. In the UK, you may give notice of your intention to marry at your local registry and also conduct the service/registration of your marriagethere.
Please see below link with information on how to go about registering your intention to marry at your local registry.

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/births-ceremonies-and-deaths/marriages-and-civil-partnerships/
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
I do hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance. Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes
RL