Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

How to prove a person born in 1996 is a British Citizen if

How to prove a person born in 1996 is a British Citizen if he does not have a passport since birth?
JA: What steps has he taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does he live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: He lives in England since birth. He has tax reference and NI number.
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Hi thank you for your message, were they born in the uk? If so was one or both parents a British citizen at the time of birth?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
both parents were British when he was born.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no phone call please
Hi thank you and he was born in the uk?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
yes he was born in England in 1996
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
His birth cert does not show UK citizenship, what other document can he prove his status?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I get a reply today or I have to wait for tomorrow?

Hi thank you for your message, was his birth registered in the UK?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes, his birth was registered in UK. it is a British birth cert.

Hi thank you for your message, then he is a British citizen. He could just apply for a passport for example. You can also see more information concerning this here: https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citizenship/born-in-the-uk-between-1-january-1983-and-1-october-2000

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Any other document if he cannot get hold of parents' birth cert? Any way to check from gov site?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I require his parents birth cert from gov department?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I meant request

Hi thank you for your message, yes, you can find records for all births registered since 1837 at the national archives here: https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/birth-marriage-death-england-and-wales/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, I shall give it a try, must i be a relative to do the search? Or any public can do the search?
Hi thank you for your message, anyone can search. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.