IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

I am an EEA National with Settled Status currently living in

Customer Question

I am an EEA National with Settled Status currently living in the UK.So we are looking into sponsoring my mum to UK via the EEA Family Permit scheme but because of Brexit I understand one of the forms will be stronger than the other but I'm unsure which of them e.g. EU Settlement Scheme family permit versus EEA Family Permit. Do you have any advice please? My concern is that they ask for evidence of dependency for parents and my mum will only be a dependent on me once she enters UK and isn't currently financially dependant on me. Taking this into consideration re. evidence of dependency which of the two forms/option will be the best for me (will give me the most chance of getting my mum over here)?Many thanks in advance.Warmest regards,Sharmi
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 16 days ago.

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

you will have to prove that your mother is financially dependant on you. No one is available to take care of her.

I am afraid, no other option which you can use to bring her.

I hope it will help you

please give positive rating

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That's right. I will be taking care of my mum and I'll be the one financially responsible for her during her time in UK. I can also prove evidence of that. But she is not financially depend on me at the moment whilst she is still in Srilanka.

Also, my understanding is that one of the two options/forms (the two I mentioned) does not ask about financially dependency - which of the two is it?

1: you will have to prove that she is financially dependant on you in Sri Lanka. you send money on regular basis for living expenses. she is the house hold member in your house in Sri Lanka

2: No other family member ia available in Sri Lanka to live with her and look after her