Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am on a Tier 2 ICT visa. My understanding is that there is

Customer Question

Hi ,
I am on a Tier 2 ICT visa. My understanding is that there is a 5 year limit to work in the UK (9 years if wages are 120K GBP or more). Is there a way for me to continue to live and work in the UK beyond the time limit? Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you fro your message, you may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Tier 2 (General) visa. You should include any dependents who are on your current visa on your application to extend. This includes children who have turned 18 during your stay. They’ll also need to submit a separate application. You can apply to extend your visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years. Therefore in effect, if you have been in the UK for 5 years you may be able to extend it up to 6 years. That said, if you have been in the UK for 5 years you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.