UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

MY 4 CHILDREN ARE BRITISH CITIZENS. CAN I APPLY TO LIVE WITH

Customer Question

GOOD MORNING.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: MY 4 CHILDREN ARE BRITISH CITIZENS. CAN I APPLY TO LIVE WITH THEM IN UK. I AM 65 YEARS OLD
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I HAVE NOT TAKEN ANY STEP AND I HAVE NOT FILED ANY PAPER WITH UK GOVERNMENT. I LIVE IN NIGERIA AND VISIT UK AT LEAST 4 TIMES A YEAR. I HAVE A 10 YEARS VISA TO UK. I AM A NIGERIAN CITIZEN
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: NO I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO ANY LAWYER
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I STUDIED IN UK. OBTAINED A D.PHIL FROM OXFORD UNIVERSITY. THREE OF MY CHILDREN WERE BORN IN OXFORD, UK AND ARE CITIZENS. MY FIRST SON WHO WAS BORN IN NIGERIA IS ALSO A BRITISH CITIZEN - LIVED THERE FOR 10 YEARS IN FULL TIME BOARDING SCHOOL
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

Yes, you may apply as an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by your children: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult-dependent-relative

All the best. Please click on 5 stars