IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

My partner has been told by the Home Office that they are in

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl, My partner has been told by the Home Office that they are in the process to obtain a passport from his Embassy which might result in deportation. My partner has been in this country for 17 years and only recently been invited by the Home Office to report on a bi-weekly basis. My question to Stuart would be how high are the chances that the Home Office will grand my partner settlement status, or pre-settlement status. Thank you
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Do you mean an application?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: My partner's lawyer is amazed that my partner hasn't been detained so far. His lawyer has advised my partner to get a passport himself and that we should register for marriage.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No and thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 9 days ago.

hi,

I can help you for your concerns.

Your partner is illegal?

Where is his previous passport?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Partner is here unlawful and his previous passport (expired) is with the Home Office.

how long you have been living together?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He has moved in last weekend and we have been together for the past 11 months. All I need to know is, if you know of any exceptions where the Home Office have obtained a passport for an Immigrant and did not deport.

hi,

I can help you for your concerns.

it is not a good idea to make a new passport for marriage because your partner's passport is with the Home Office.

if he make a new passport and will try to get marry in UK in registry office then registry office may inform to home office. Home Office may arrest him for this action.

if you both have a baby with British Passport then he can apply as parent of a British child.

or

he can apply for family life in UK under human rights.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating