How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 620
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

Assistant: How can I help? can i apply for a visa for my

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: can i apply for a visa for my husband to stay in the uk if he came with a 6 months visa as my fiancee
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am s british citizen and my husband is vietnamese
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: his current visa expires in two months and we just got married here in the uk

Good afternoon and thanks for your question today.

Does your husband have a fiance visa at the moment?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is a 6 months visa

OK, if he is on a fiance visa then because you are married now you can apply for a spouse visa straight away from inside the country. Please make sure that you apply before his current visa expires.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does he need a TB test for this visa?

He must have obtained it before for fiancee visa which you can use now as well but in general, if the application is made form inside the UK, you do not need to.

I would appreciate if you can give me a positive 5-star rating if you are satisfied with the answers provided today as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

I am happy to answer additional questions you may have though.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i see. i know someone who did the same for her husband and she said using a solicitor costing a lot of money. would you know how much roughly please
It depends on the case but it can cost from £500 up to £1200 usually.
After rating is provided please text me your email address and I will send you all the details how much I would charge.
Tamari Kokrashvili and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my email address is***@******.***

Thanks, ***** ***** email you shortly.