How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1831
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

Can I sponsor my goddaughter and her child to live in the

This answer was rated:

can I sponsor my goddaughter and her child to live in the Uk
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps taken as yet.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Both my husband and I are UK citizens my god daughter is South African
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Her mother is my sister [unofficially adopted by my parents and we grew up in the same house as sisters ]


i can help you for your concerns.

how old is your God daughter?

what kind of visa you want to apply for her?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is in her 40’s & her daughter is12.
She would like to move permanently if possible as the situation in SAfrica is already very unsafe.

I am afraid, for permanent settlement you can not sponsor her.

But good thing is that you can sponsor her for visit visa.

if she wants to settle in UK then she will have to apply in her own capacity.

she can apply tier 2 visa. This visa leads to permanent residency.

if she is interested in Tier 2 visa then she should find a job with such an employer which can issue her certificate of Sponsorship.

she can apply tier 2 visa with certificate of sponsorship.

I hope it will help you

please give positive rating


IA Solicitors and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you